Thursday 5 October 2017

On Premises Enterprise BI Architecture & Design from a bird's-eye view.

Objective

Over the years I have been asked by many people how I design an enterprise level BI from scratch. They're looking to learn what approaches I take to make my design perform at a high level of accuracy and efficiency. To achieve these things, we need to look at many aspects of the overall design, including the framework in use and the set of tools that are available or we have to design.

In order to explain my process in depth and help you better understand the approach I take, I will create a series of blog posts to cover BI Design of the past and present, as well as the recommended approach and BI tools. I have also put together a PowerPoint presentation that I will update over time to include other topics covered in this blog series. You can access this PowerPoint presentation here: OnPrem Enterprise BI Design.pptx

Agenda

  1. Legacy BI Designs
  2. Today's BI Design
  3. List of BI Tools
  4. 111 Approach
  5. Reporting Frameworks

2 comments: